The TLC is an active group of AAEA members interested in the theory, scholarship and practice of learning, teaching, and communication. Given that a large majority of AAEA members have responsibilities in these three areas, the TLC’s activities are developed to enhance members’ skills in the on-campus classroom, off-campus workshop, and in a presentation to a community group. Activities include:
- Pre-conference workshops on teaching strategies, learning styles, and teaching technologies and innovations.
- Track sessions where practitioners share their knowledge, frustrations, and successes.
- Annual meetings that facilitate idea exchange and dialogue.
- Networking opportunities for scholarly collaboration.
- TLC’s programs are designed for undergraduate, graduate, and life-long learning environments. The TLC encourages AAEA members to transform their interest in teaching into a passion for excellence in pedagogy.