Visit the Mentorship Resource page which includes links to: Papers, PowerPoint Presentations, Webinars, Podcasts, and Articles—divided into different topic areas. You must be a current AAEA Member to access these pages. If you would like to renew your membership or are not a member but would like to join AAEA you can do so on the Membership page.
Do you know of an opportunity not featured above?
Please use the Submit a Mentoring Opportunity Form.
- Early Career Networking Reception at the 2023 AAEA Annual Meeting in Washington, DC
- 2022 Building Interdisciplinary Collaborations to Transform Food and Agriculture into Circular Systems: A Mid-Career Mentoring Workshop
- 2021 AAEA Mentoring Research Post-conference Workshop
- 2017 AAEA Mentorship Workshop
Stages of Mentoring
AAEA mentorship programs should provide opportunities for all members, at all stages of their careers, to access resources and engage in activities that will help them develop professionally:
- Graduate Students Members are the future of agricultural and applied economics. These members need help developing their research methodology; learning how to publish their research and build professional networks; and navigating the job market for academic, agency, industry, and NGO positions.
- Early Career Professional Members are particularly in need of guidance as they enter the workforce and attempt to navigate their work environments, performance expectations for their positions in academic and non-academic settings, and work/life balance.
- Mid-Career and More Senior Members also have professional development needs that may be related to any functions of their positions, including administrative duties.
- International/LILMI Members are not always able to attend the annual meeting, for example to participate in the cohort development activities that take place there. However, information resources for these members are available on the AAEA website, and funding opportunities to attend the meeting are available from the AAEA Trust.