This Workshop is for Early Career Professionals currently in a position in the academic or government fields.
May 31, 2017
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
June 1, 2017
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Registration for the Event: $85
Registration deadline is May 5, 2017. (Must be post marked in the mail by May 5, 2017)
The deadline to register has passed.
- Registration to the two-day workshop
- Continental Breakfast on Wednesday and Thursday
- Lunch on Wednesday and Thursday
- Wednesday evening reception
Download registration form, fill out, send to the AAEA Business office by mail or fax to the AAEA business office with payment.
- AAEA Business Office
555 E. Wells Street Ste. 1100
Milwaukee WI, 53202
- Fax: (414)276-3349
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
715 W. Lionshead Circle
Vail, CO 81657
All sessions will be taking place in the Sun Down Room.
The day begins at 7:00 am each day with breakfast. It is recommended you book your room at the Marriott so you can experience the full workshop.
Room Reservation includes:
- Complimentary WiFi in the sleeping room
- Access to the 24 hr. Fitness Center
- Access to the Indoor Swimming Pool (towels provided)
- Access to the Outdoor Swimming Pool (towels provided)
Information on transportation service from Denver International Airport and Eagle County Airport.
Colorado Mountain Express offers Shared Ride Shuttles and is offering AAEA a discounted rate.
Denver International Airport:
- One-way: $76
- Round trip: $152
Eagle County Airport:
- One-way: $40
- Round trip: $80
Online Reservation or Call (950) 754-7433 and reference group code “AAEA”
Helpful Online Booking Tips:
- Travel Region: Vail/Beaver Creek (automatically appears – no need to change)
- Airport: Select Denver International Airport or Eagle County Airport
- Preferred Locations: Marriott Resort-Lionshead
The Early Career Professionals Workshop will help participants in different aspects of their job, using experiences from those who are more seasoned in the field. Topics of interest include:
- Service: Learning when to say "NO"
- Grant Writing and Project Management
- Work-Life Balance
- Research and Publishing
- Extension and Outreach
- Successful Communication Strategies and Working with the Media
- Navigating Re-Appointment, Promotion and Tenure
- Advice on Careers Outside of Academia
Arriving early or staying an extra day and looking for something to do? Check out Charter Sports Bike Rental Company
The Vail Marriott shop is located within the Marriott on the lobby level and provides bike rentals for all ages and abilities, including our popular Vail Pass Bike Tour. View the price list HERE
Charter Sports is one of the largest bike rental companies within Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge resorts. We offer the latest selection of adult hybrid, road, and full-suspension bikes, as well as a great selection of junior bikes, and can accommodate groups of any size providing all the necessary resources to make your event a great success.
Our most popular biking activity is our Vail Pass Bike Tour which is a great event for groups. This self-guided tour covers 15 miles through pristine mountain scenery on a downhill paved bike path from the top of Vail Pass back down to the Vail Marriott in Lionshead. We offer three departure times: 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm. Advanced reservations are required for this tour as space is limited.
Click on the link to book their bike rentals or our Vail Pass Bike Tour. Credit card information is not required to book in advance. We do not collect payment until guests arrive to pick up their bike. Upon booking, guests will receive a confirmation via email. Their confirmation will show our regular pricing. The appropriate group discount will then be applied at the shop when they arrive to pick up their bikes.
- Book online using group booking link: Agricultural & Applied Economics Association - Discounted Bike Rentals
- Attendees may call us at 888-295-9797 and mention that they are with the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association and receive the group rate.
- Guests can walk into the shop and identify themselves as being with the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association and receive the group rate.