If you are interested in speaking to an AAEA member on a particular topic, please contact Allison Ware at email@example.com or (414) 918-3190. Please keep in mind that no members are authorized to speak on behalf of the association. Any and all quotes and information provided by AAEA members do not necessarily reflect the views, positions, or opinions of AAEA.
To view press releases from previous quarters, click the headings below to expand the section.
Quarter 4, 2020
- The On-going Gender Pay Gaps in Academia Faculty
November 2, 2020
- How Many Stores Does it Take to Make Healthy Purchases Easier?
October 28, 2020
- Has Media Saturation on COVID-19 Changed Labor and Food Supply Chain?
October 27, 2020
- What can Household to Everyday to Reduce Food Waste
October 26, 2020
- How the Pandemic Could Impact the Price of Chicken Dinner
October 21, 2020
- New School Food Standards Improve Children’s Diets
October 20, 2020
- Food Insecurity Changes in the United States during the Global Pandemic
October 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic and its Influence on Food Supply Chains
October 15, 2020
- Rushing to Concessions: The Cause and Effects of Soda Tax
October 13, 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 in the Grocery Stores’ Meat Fridges
October 12, 2020
- 2020 USDA NASS Advisory Committee Update
October 7, 2020
- Does Quarantine Stockpiling Lead to Future Food Waste?
October 6, 2020
- Oil Price Pass Through to Agricultural Commodities
October 5, 2020
- Which Small Towns Attract Start‐Ups and Why?
October 2, 2020
- The Razor’s Edge of “Essential” Labor in Food and Agriculture
October 1, 2020
Quarter 3, 2020
- Who Participates in United States Urban Agriculture?
September 29, 2020
- The Sources of Measured US Agricultural Productivity Growth: Weather, Technological Change, and Adaptation
September 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and the Agriculture Industry: Labor, Supply Chains, and Consumer Behavior
September 16, 2020
- The Millennium Droughts and Australian Agriculture
September 1, 2020
- Over 40 Recognized at the 2020 AAEA Virtual Meeting
August 19, 2020
- Plenary Speakers Headlining the 2020 AAEA Virtual Meeting
August 6, 2020
- AAEA Invites You to Attend the 2020 AAEA Virtual Meeting
August 5, 2020
- Why Biomass Residue Is Not as Plentiful as It Looks: Case Study on Economic Supply of Logging Residues
July 31, 2020
- Why food policy has evolved rapidly for the past three decades?
July 29, 2020
- Farm Consolidation: Successes and Failures of Earlier Modeling
July 28, 2020
- Local Food Markets Orientation and Labor Intensity
July 17, 2020
- Do Cottage Food Laws Reduce Barriers to Entry for Food Manufacturers?
July 16, 2020
- How Does a Pandemic Effect Local Bakeries and Breweries
July 15, 2020
Quarter 2, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts on Agricultural Economic Issues
June 29, 2020
- Three AAEA Members Elected to Association’s 2021 Leadership
May 27, 2020
- Having a Beef with Meat Taxes: Toward Optimal Meat Consumption
May 11, 2020
- How Do Agricultural Producers Respond to Uncertain Prices?
May 8, 2020
- Are Farmers Made Whole by Trade Aid?
May 7, 2020
- The Price of Biodiesel RINs and Economic Fundamentals
May 5, 2020
- New Plant Breeding Technologies for Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture
April 27, 2020
- The Future of Corn Cash Price Forecasting
April 14, 2020
Quarter 1, 2020
- How Is America’s Food System Responding to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
March 27, 2020
- How the Coronavirus will Change the Future Economy
March 17, 2020
- Predicting Adoption of Innovations by Farmers: What is Different in Smallholder Agriculture?
March 12, 2020
- Would “GMO” Product Labels Lead Consumers to Avoid these Foods at the Store?
March 4, 2020
- Agricultural Adoption and Behavioral Economics: Bridging the Gap
February 28, 2020
- Adoption of Agriculture Innovations
February 25, 2020
- Can the Swine Flu Increase the Price of Bacon?
February 19, 2020
- Getting Noticed on the Shelves—Are Consumer Interests and Firm Incentives aligned?
February 13, 2020
- Can Internet Surveys Mimic Food Insecurity Rates Published by U.S. Government?
February 12, 2020
- Why are Biofuels Needed to Decrease Greenhouse Gases?
February 5, 2020
- Taxi Drivers vs Farm Workers: What are the Differences?
January 31, 2020
- Are you Wasting $1800 a Year from Unused Groceries?
January 21, 2020
Quarter 4, 2019
- Auto Technology: Effects on Current and Future Economies
December 30, 2019
- Wine Regulations: Is a Glass of Wine Half-empty or Half-full?
December 23, 2019
- Farmer Adaptations to Climate and Environmental Change
December 20, 2019
- Are Drones Reaching New Agricultural Heights?
December 19, 2019
- How Costco Might Could be Changing the Overall Price of Beans
December 18, 2019
- Studying Innovation in Agriculture – New Data and New Tools
December 17, 2019
- Climate Change Adaptation in Developing Countries: Constraints on Adaptation and Mechanisms for Relaxing Them
December 16, 2019
- Women in Economics - Perspectives and New Initiatives from Five Professional Associations
December 13, 2019
- It’s Raining Babies? How Climate Change, Migration, and Social Networks are Changing Fertility
December 12, 2019
- AAEA Invites the Press to Attend AAEA Sessions at 2020 ASSA Annual Meeting
December 11, 2019
- Important Determinants of Food Insecurity
October 3, 2019
- Getting Cheesy: Canadian Labels for Dairy Products
October 1, 2019
Quarter 3, 2019
- The Power of Suggestion: “Try the White Milk, It Tastes Good”
September 24, 2019
- Can Latin America Benefit from the U.S. and China Trade War?
September 23, 2019
- Changes in the Multilateral Trading System: Impacts to U.S. Agriculture
September 20, 2019
- Beefing Up Sales: Impacts on Retail and Exports
September 18, 2019
- Flood Insurance and Claims: The Impact of the Community Rating System
September 16, 2019
- AAEA Names New Co-Editor of Choices Magazine
September 11, 2019
- The Development of a Weather-based Crop Disaster Program
September 9, 2019
- AAEA Names New Editor of Applied Economics Perspectives & Policy
September 6, 2019
- Wiley and the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) Announce New Partnership
September 4, 2019
- How Does SNAP Serve as a “Right to Food?”
August 30, 2019
- Consumer Preferences: “Asiago Style” vs. Asiago
August 28, 2019
- Ketch(ing)up on Grocery Prices: Am I Getting a Good Deal?
August 21, 2019
- Over 40 Recongnized at 2019 AAEA Annual Meeting
August 1, 2019
- How are Policy Changes Guiding the Future of Applied Economics?
July 19, 2019
- How Does Food Choice Change in Specialized Populations?
July 16, 2019
- Will Trump’s Regulations on Energy be Effective?
July 12, 2019
- The Food Value Chain: Some Key Economic and Policy Issues
July 11, 2019
- In Short Supply: Ways to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in Agricultural Economics
July 10, 2019
- Impacts of Climate Change in Agricultural Production
July 9, 2019
- Could the Future of Food Labeling be Changing?
July 2, 2019
- Immigration and Labor Policy: Effects on U.S. Workers
July 1, 2019
Quarter 2, 2019
- The Buzz on Declining Colonies: The Future of Beekeeping
June 27, 2019
- Washington Policy Outlook
June 26, 2019
- Getting Food Taxes Right: The Effect on the Future
June 25, 2019
- AAEA Invites You to Attend the 2019 Annual Meeting
June 24, 2019
- AAEA Announces a New Publication Series for Teaching
June 21, 2019
- Full Cost of Moving USDA Research Agencies Will Cost Taxpayers Money, Not Save It
June 19, 2019
- Muhammad Appointed onto Agricultural Policy Advisory Committee
June 17, 2019
- Is Academia Lacking Extension in Economic Departments?
June 5, 2019
- Whole Grains on the Rise at Schools Thanks to New Meal Standards
May 30, 2019
- Three AAEA Members Elected to Association’s Leadership
May 21, 2019
- Giving into Peer Pressure: Kansas High Plains Aquifer
May 20, 2019
- Walmart, Hemp, and Food: Prices Effecting Consumers
May 17, 2019
- USDA Crop & Livestock Reports
May 10, 2019
- Zilberman Named Member of National Academy of Sciences
May 2, 2019
- How Dependent is the United States on the Guest Worker Program?
April 18, 2019
- Passing the Buck: Taxes on Rented Farmland
April 15, 2019
Quarter 1, 2019
- Getting to the Root of the Issue: Decline in the Hemp Market
March 13, 2019
- Waste Not Want Not: Public Policy on Household Food Waste
February 14, 2019
- Sour Milk: How Canada May Be a Loser under USMCA
February 7, 2019
- Economic Considerations in Evaluating Food Loss and Waste: Is Zero Optimal?
February 5, 2019
- Does the Price of Groceries Change the Amount of Wasted Food?
February 4, 2019
- Do Larger Farms Mean More Productivity?
February 1, 2019
- Empirical Evidence Suggests Negligible Indirect Land Use Effect of Corn Ethanol in the U.S.
January 28, 2019
- Zilberman Awarded 2019 Wolf Prize
January 21, 2019
- Association Announces 2019 Class of Fellows
January 9, 2019
Quarter 4, 2018
- Does Saving Money at Walmart Really Help You Live Better?
December 27, 2018
- Agriculture and Nutrition: Unpacking the Pathways to Reducing Malnutrition
December 26, 2018
- The Right and Wrong Price of Healthy Food
December 21, 2018
- Crop Insurance in Asia and Africa: Does One Size Fit All?
December 20, 2018
- PayMeToo Movement: Gender Gaps in the Workplace
December 19, 2018
- NAFTA 2.0: The Wins and Losses in the USMCA
December 18, 2018
- The Buzz on Honey and Pollination Services with Declining Pollinators
December 17, 2018
- Ethical Research in Agricultural and Applied Economics
December 14, 2018
- Restoring the American Dream with Research and Policymakers
December 13, 2018
- AAEA Invites the Press to Attend AAEA Sessions at 2019 ASSA Annual Meeting
December 12, 2018
- Does a School Fruit and Veggie Program Lead to Healthy Eating Habits?
December 11, 2018
- Agricultural Data Act of 2018: To Pass or Not to Pass
November 20, 2018
- Milking It for all It’s Worth: Difficulties from Long-Running Structural Changes in the Dairy Industry
November 14, 2018
- Perdue Appoints Purdue Department Head to Board
October 29, 2018
- Food Insecurity and Its Relationship with Terrorism
October 19, 2018
- Putting Your Money Where Your Political Mouth Is
October 17, 2018
- How Do Income Levels Effect the Opioid Epidemic
October 5, 2018
- Engaging Consumers in the Dynamic Local Foods Marketplace
October 3, 2018
Quarter 3, 2018
- A Sweet Deal for Genetically Engineered Sugar
September 27, 2018
- Do Stores Located in Underserved Communities Offer Less Healthy Items?
September 25, 2018
- Did the Salmonella Outbreaks cause Decline in Egg Sales?
September 21, 2018
- What Will the Relocation of ERS Mean for Economists?
September 18, 2018
- Over 40 Awarded at 2018 AAEA Annual Meeting
August 30, 2018
- Effects of Time and Location for School Breakfast Participation
August, 13, 2018
- Will Immigration Policies Lower Rural Economic Development Opportunities?
July 30, 2018
- Changes in the Guest Worker Program
July 27, 2018
- Food Fraud, Food Safety, and Public Policy
July 26, 2018
- Cutting U.S. Food Waste in Half
July 25, 2018
- Washington Policy Outlook on Farm Bill Debate
July 24, 2018
- On a High of Legalization, Leading to Low Prices
July 23, 2018
- 2018 Farm Bill: Outcomes and Consequences
July 20, 2018
- Is Agriculture and Food Becoming CRISPR?
July 19, 2018
- United States Challenges China's Price Support and Market Access
July 18, 2018
- How will International Trade Impact Agriculture
July 17, 2018
- Improving Market Efficiency and Reducing Food Waste
July 16, 2018
- Effects of Renegotiating U.S. Trade Agreements
July 13, 2018
- AAEA Invites You to Attend the 2018 Annual Meeting
July 12, 2018
- How Much are American Drivers Willing to Pay for Ethanol?
July 9, 2018
Quarter 2, 2018
- How Far is a Producer willing to go for a Certified Body?
June 21, 2018
- Could the Price of Labor-Intensive Crops Increase?
June 15, 2018
- U.S.–China Trade Dispute and Potential Impacts on Agriculture
June 13, 2018
- AAEA Members Represent in D.C. Exhibition
June 7, 2018
- Spending Food Assistance Money in a SNAP
June 4, 2018
- Long-term Effects of Meat Recalls
May 31, 2018
- Three AAEA Members Elected to Association’s Leadership
May 22, 2018
- What to Serve a Millennial for Dinner
May 21, 2018
- Connecting Entrepreneurship and Regional Food Networks
May 11, 2018
- Is There a Relationship between Farmers Markets and Food-Borne Illness?
April 9, 2018
- WIC Vouchers and their Purchasing Power Across Metropolitan Areas
April 4, 2018
Quarter 1, 2018
- Fruit vs. Menthol: Consumer Preference in E-Cigarettes
March 16, 2018
- Capturing Synergies Between Youth Livelihoods and Agricultural Transformation
March 13, 2018
- Are Farmers Ready for Increasing Interest Rates?
March 9, 2018
- SNAP-ing to Attention: Future Research on Food Assistance Programs
March 7, 2018
- Trashing Leftovers: What Influences the Decision?
March 5, 2018
- Priorities and Solutions for Society Challenges
February 27, 2018
- Africa Decrease in Food Availability, Increases Violence
February 20, 2018
- Researchers Discuss Farm Income Briefing in Senate
February 8, 2018
- Can U.S. Organic Production Keep Up with Growing Demand?
February 7, 2018
- Do Sunday Sales Lead to Increase in Underage Drinking?
January 29, 2018
- Learning Lessons From the Past in Current Farm Bill Debate
January 10, 2018
- Expert Available on E. coli Outbreak, New Food Safety Standards
January 5, 2018
- Agriculture Production and the Impact on Health and Diets
January 4, 2018
- AAEA Economist: President Trump’s Policies Could Lead to Trade Trouble
January 3, 2018
- The E-Commerce Effect on Agriculture and Food
January 2, 2018
Quarter 4, 2017
- Tax and Trade Changes among AAEA Sessions at ASSA Annual Meeting
December 27, 2017
- "Economics Effects of the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act"
November 28, 2017
- Finding Real-Life Solutions Growing Food Waste Epidemic
November 21, 2017
- Dr. Jill McCluskey Named to NAS Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources
November 17, 2017
- Considering Critiques of the Growing "Food Movement"
November 16, 2017
- "Can Beer Consumption Be Part of a Healthy Diet?"
November 6, 2017
- AAEA President Jayson Lusk Named Winner of Borlaug CAST Communication Award
October 17, 2017
- Agricultural Economist Wins 2017 World Food Prize
October 16, 2017
- Happier Hens Could Mean You Pay More for Eggs
October 12, 2017
Quarter 3, 2017
- Fighting the Disease Killing Citrus Crops
September 26, 2017
- Turkeys, Trade, and the Avian Flu: AAEA Member Research
September 19, 2017
- Food Labels: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
September 7, 2017
- The Craft Beer Boom: Choices Magazine Special Edition
August 16, 2017
- Changing Nutrition Program to Help Women and Children
July 28, 2017
- Popular Economist, Author Dan Ariely to Speak at AAEA Annual Meeting
July 26, 2017
- Finding Ways to Measure the Increasing Food Waste Issue
July 26, 2017
- Big Money on the Line in Farm Bill Fight
July 25, 2017
- Innovative Research Tool to be Revealed at AAEA Annual Meeting
July 24, 2017
- Social Status or Going Green: The Habits of Hybrid Car Drivers
July 21, 2017
- Cheers! Economics of Alcohol Part of AAEA Annual Meeting
July 20, 2017
- Marijuana Research Grows Alongside Legal Use of Drug
July 19, 2017
- "Effects of U.S. Policies on Illegal Migration"
July 18, 2017
- Brand New Research into Food Safety in the Fields
July 17, 2017
- Focus on Policy Impact Headlines AAEA Annual Meeting in Chicago
July 13, 2017
Quarter 2, 2017
- AAEA Member Research: Is Food Waste Overstated?
June 19, 2017
- Report: New Budget Plan Would Kick Millions off Food Stamps
May 23, 2017
- Nutrition Assistance and Food Insecurity in America: New Article in AJAE
May 15, 2017
- Why Farmland Conservation Efforts May Not Be Growing
May 4, 2017
- President's Plans Lead to Farm Labor Concerns: Choices Magazine Special Edition
May 1, 2017
- AAEA President Jayson Lusk Named Winner of Borlaug CAST Communication Award
April 27, 2017
- Media Advisory
April 6, 2017
- Shaping Research Priorities Based on Practical Challenges
April 5, 2017
Quarter 1, 2017
- Debating the Future of SNAP: AAEA Members Provide Expert Analysis
March 29, 2017
- Risks and Benefits of Water Conservation
March 6, 2017
Agricultural & Applied Economics Association
555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
The Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is a not-for-profit association serving the professional interests of members working in agricultural and broadly related fields of applied economics.
Members of the AAEA are employed by academic or government institutions, as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of teaching, research, and extension/outreach activities. Their work addresses a broad range of topics such as the economics of agriculture, international and rural development, resources and the environment, food and consumer issues, and agribusiness.