AERA India/AAEA Mentorship Program
Call for Applications
The AERA along with one representative from AAEA will play a facilitating role in the selection of Indian students/young professionals to participate in the mentorship program. The offer and themes for each year will be published in one of the issues of Agricultural Economics Research Review (AERR) and recommendation of the Association shall be sent to AAEA for Award of the grant. The following criteria were agreed for screening and recommendation of the candidate(s).
- The program shall be open to doctoral and post-doctoral candidates and the maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 35 years
- Masters/PhD degree in agricultural economics/economics with evident contribution to agricultural economics research
- The candidate should give an undertaking to publish at least one research article in a journal of national/international repute as an outcome of the mentorship work
- The candidate will attend the AAEA Annual Meeting
- The candidate will work with an AAEA Member mentor
To apply, scholars should submit the following:
- Cover letter outlining proposed plan for mentorship, including contact information for the mentor, proposed dates and nature of the research project and collaboration, and outputs expected
- Recent CV
- Research proposal outlining the research project that the applicant will work on with his or her mentor (maximum 3 single-spaced pages)
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s department head/supervisor stating that the institution supports the applicant’s participation
- Letter of intent to collaborate from the proposed mentor
Applications should be submitted in a single PDF format to Mary Annen at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 15, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Mary by email or by phone at (414) 918-3190.
|2021:||S S Padmaja, ICAR|