Anthony M. Grano Special Purpose Fund
The Anthony Grano Special Purpose Fund provides scholarships for academically successful, highly motivated students in agricultural economics or a closely related discipline with an interest in agricultural policy and the policy formation process. The scholarships will allow selected students the opportunity to observe the role agricultural economics plays in the agricultural policy formation process by introducing them to decision-makers in the legislative and executive branches of the federal government.
You can donate to the Grano fund using the Trust donation form.
Anthony M. Grano
Dr. Grano was a person with a purpose and a focus. His professional passion was resource policy analysis; he believed strongly in the policy process and, more importantly, the role of economics in guiding the process. One of his major contributions was the nurturing of young professionals as they began their careers in policy analysis. He emphasized, and demonstrated by his actions, the role of objectivity and the need for integrity in the policy process.
Call for Applications
You can learn more about submitting an application for the Anthony Grano Scholarship Award in the call for applications. This scholarship is awarded in even years.
Grano Scholarship Recipients
The past winners of the Grano Scholarship are listed below.
- 2020: Katherin Wilts, University of Minnesota and Betty Thomas, Mississippi State University
- 2019: Amber Roberts, University of Minnesota
- 2018: Chinonso Etumnu, Purdue University
- 2018: Maria Vrachioli, Technical University of Munich
- 2017: Christian Lovell, University of California, Davis
- 2016: Jason Holderiath, Colorado State University
- 2016: Candice Wilson, Kansas State University
- 2014: Amy Hasenoehrl, Montana State University