FAMPS is the Food and Agricultural Marketing Policy Section, a member-organized group within the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA). FAMPS exists to facilitate networking and sharing of research ideas among AAEA members with similar interests.
Our section seeks to foster informed economic debate, research and communication about food and agricultural marketing policies of current and emerging significance, in both national and international contexts.
FAMPS hosts an annual Policy Conference with nationally-known speakers who present to a broad audience of industry groups, government agencies, nonprofit organizations and academic institutions.
We also offer Track Sessions addressing policy issues at the AAEA Annual Meeting each year. Business meetings of the section are held twice a year, at the AAEA Annual Meeting and at the FAMPS Policy Conference.
FAMPS membership is open to current members of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA). Members may join FAMPS concurrently with AAEA, or join FAMPS only if already a member of AAEA. Membership in FAMPS is $10 per year for non-students. Graduate and undergraduate student membership is FREE. You can learn more about joining AAEA by visiting the AAEA membership page. If you are already a member of AAEA and would like to join the Food & Agricultural Marketing Policy Section, you can do so by completing this form (PDF) or logging in to the My Account section and completing the Online Section Form.
Benefits of FAMPS Membership:
- Input into the FAMPS-sponsored track sessions at the AAEA Annual Meeting
- Information about other FAMPS-related meetings and events via listserv and the FAMPS website
- Access to special content via the FAMPS website
- Increased opportunity to network and collaborate with other FAMPS members, especially at the annual business meeting
- Providing support for graduate students to join FAMPS and participate in FAMPS activities.