The Land, Water and Environmental Economics Section (ENV) provides a place for all AAEA members who are interested in issues related to natural resources and the environment to network, build research collaborations and foster the use of sound economic information in public and private decision making. The goals of our section are to:
- Enhance the theoretical foundations of applied research.
- Develop high-quality data and empirical analyses that transcend single policy applications.
- Conduct high-quality applied research that provides policy-relevant insights.
- Foster interdisciplinary collaborations relevant to economic analysis of natural resources and the environment.
- Promote the extension of research outcomes to stakeholder groups and decision makers at the local, state, national and international levels.
The section encourages participation by those working on natural resource and environmental topics, as well as those working on agro-environmental policy, and the interfaces of the environment and health, risk, trade, energy and other areas of applied economics.
ENV membership is open to current members of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA). Members may join ENV concurrently with AAEA, or join ENV only if already a member of AAEA. Membership in ENV is $10 for professional members and free for students.
You can learn more about joining AAEA by visiting the AAEA membership page. If you are already a member of AAEA and would like to join the Land, Water and Environmental Economics Section, you can do so by completing this form (PDF) or logging in to the My Account section and completing the Online Section Form.
Relevant Blogs For ENV
Here we highlight recent blog posts that may be of interest to ENV members. If you would like to have a blog post highlighted here, contact David.Pannell@uwa.edu.au.