2022 Track Sessions
- Economics of specialty crop supply chain: Implications of innovation, shocks and buy-local movements , Joint with AFM
- Markets for Specialty Crops: Consumer Response to New Technologies and COVID Disruptions, Joint with FAMPS
- Strengthening the U.S. Specialty Crop Industry: Drivers of New Technology Adoption and Economic Success,
- Successful grantsmanship: integrating economics into interdisciplinary grant applications, Joint with EXT
- Understanding the U.S. Specialty Crop Supply Chains: Production Estimates and Environmental Disruptions. ,
2021 Track Sessions
- Innovations in Specialty Crop Marketing and Distribution, Joint with FAMPS
- The Impact of the Food Safety Modernization Act on US imports from Latin America, Joint with LAS
2019 Track Sessions
- Prediction, Expert Opinion, and Data in Specialty Crops (joint with Econometrics Section)
- The Evolution of the U.S. Beekeeping Industry – The Shift from Producing Honey to Providing Pollination Services amid Elevated Colony Loss (joint with Land, Water, and Environmental Economics Section)
2019 Specialty Crops Published Research Awards
Many thanks to the SCE Award Committee: Hayk Khachatryan, Ariel Singerman, Peyton Ferrier, and Karina Gallardo.
Category 1: Published research with outstanding contribution to the agricultural economics discipline.
Feng Wu, Zhenfei Guan, and Don Hee Suh The Effects of Tomato Suspension Agreements on Market Price Dynamics and Farm Revenue. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy (2018) 40, 2, 316-332.
John Bovay and Daniel A. Sumner. Economic Effects of the US Food Safety Modernization Act. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy (2018) 40, 3, 402-420.
Category 2: Published research with outstanding contribution to industry and transdisciplinary research.
Ariel Singerman, Marina Burani-Arouca, and Stephen H. Futch. The Profitability of New Citrus Plantings in Florida in the Era of Huanglongbing. HortScience (2018), 53,11, 1655-1663.
Chanjin Chung, Tracy A. Boyer, Marco Palma, and Monika Ghimire. Economic Impact of Drought and Shade Tolerant Bermudagrass Varieties. HortTechnology (2018), 28, 1, 66-73.
2018 Track Sessions
- Academic Requirements: Publications, Grant Proposals, and Regional Research (Joint with GSS)
- Sustainable production practices, consumer feedback, and policy implications (Joint with CWAE)
- The Convergence of Policy Issues in Produce Research: Labor/Mechanization, NAFTA, and the Food Safety Modernization Act
2017 Track Sessions
- Industry Readiness for the Food Safety Modernization Act: Results from Three Food Safety Surveys (Joint with FAMPS)
- Challenges Impacting Economic Sustainability of Specialty Crops (Joint with LAS)