2019 LAS Annual Meeting Track Sessions
- Strategies to adapt to and mitigate the effects of climate change in Latin America (Co-sponsored by International Section).
- Cocoa and Palm Oil value chains and the role of producers associations in the production systems of Latin America (Co-sponsored by Senior Section).
- How U.S. Trade Policies Have Shaped Latin America’s Food and Ag industry: Risks and Opportunities (Co-sponsored by COSBAE).
- Productivity & Technical efficiency in Latin America.
2019 LAS Outstanding Selected Research Paper Award and Selected Poster Award
2018 LAS Outstanding Selected Research Paper Award and Selected Poster Award
- Outstanding Selected Research Paper Award: “Land use and the opportunity cost of forest preservation in Bolivia” by Felipe de Figueiredo Silva, Juan M. Murguia, Wanderley Ferreira, Brisa Rejas Galindo, and Boris Hinojosa Guzman.
- Outstanding Selected Poster Award: “Development and inclusive businesses in rural Colombia” by Emiliano Lopez Barrera and James Lowenberg-Deboer.
2017 LAS Outstanding Selected Research Paper Award and Selected Poster Award
- Outstanding Selected Research Paper Award: “Land Titling and Property Rights: Does Legislating Small Farm Land as a Non-Seizable Family Asset Improve Small Farmers’ Welfare?” by Juan Manuel Murguia Baysse and Kassu Wamisho.
- Outstanding Selected Poster Award: “The Effect of ‘Traffic-Light’ Nutritional Labelling in Carbonated Soft Drink Purchases in Ecuador.” by Luis Sandoval Mejia et al.
2016 LAS Outstanding Selected Research Paper Award and Selected Poster Award
- Selected Research Paper Award: “Climate Change Interaction with Agriculture, Forestry Sequestration and Food Security” by Luis Moises Pena-Levano et al.
2018 LAS Annual Meeting Track Sessions
- Food labeling to limit diet-related disease in Latin America (Joint with INTL)
- The Double burden of malnutrition in Latin America (Joint with INTL)
- Impact assessment of agricultural projects in Latin America
- Analysis of Agricultural Policies in the Caribbean – Evidence, Trends, and Perspectives (Joint with COSBAE)
2017 LAS Section Track Sessions
- Trends in preferential trade agreements in Latin America (Joint with International)
- The Colombian Peace Process and Economic Development (Joint with CRENET)
- Land issues in Latin America: A Broad View from Titling to Carbon Sequestration
- Performance and challenges for US trade free agreement with Latin America: Do these accords need improvements? (Joint with Senior)
- Challenges Impacting Economic Sustainability of Specialty Crops (Joint with SCE)
2016 LAS Section Track Sessions
- Study Abroad in Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness Programs (Joint with TLC)
- Evaluating Trade Performance in Agriculture (Joint with COSBAE)
- Development Issues in Latin America: Food Security, Health and Female Labor Force, Property Rights, and Agricultural R&D
- Soybean Expansion in the Tropics (Joint with AEM)
- Agricultural productivity, nutrition and food security in Latin America
- Competitive Factors of Latin American Countries in the U.S. Fruit and Vegetable Markets (Joint with Senior)
2015 Annual Meeting Track Sessions
- The Future of the CGIAR (Joint with Senior)
- Immigration and Agricultural Labor (Joint with Senior)
2014 Annual Meeting Track Sessions
- Major Factors That Will Impacts the Role of Latin America in Meeting Future Food Demand (Joint with Senior)
- The Impact of the Food Safety Modernization Act on the U.S. Produce Industry: Domestic Production and Latin American Imports (Joint with FSN)
2013 Annual Meeting Track Session
- US-Latin America Free Trade Agreement Implementation and Impacts