Quality of Communication Award
The Quality of Communication Award is granted to encourage excellence in publications in fields consistent with the AAEA vision statement. A maximum of two awards are given each year. Entries must demonstrate superior communication of concepts or knowledge in any subject matter of professional specialization (i.e., teaching, research, policy analysis or extension) in agricultural and applied economics as defined by the vision statement a specified audience.
Nominations are due on February 8, 2019.
- An individual nominated for the award, or at least one individual in the case of a group nomination, must be a 2019 AAEA member. No requirements regarding number of authors or professional experience are imposed.
- Publications must have been published in 2018.
- A given article is eligible for only one award in either the Quality of Research Discovery or Quality of Communication category. Nominations should be submitted for only one category, which is clearly identified.
To nominate, fill out the online Quality of Communication Award Nomination Form linked below. The form will ask you to upload one PDF file containing all the Award Nomination Materials in the order listed below.
Award Nomination Materials
□ Nomination Letter
- Maximum of two single-spaced pages documenting the publication's contributions to the profession.
□ Copy of the publication
- Electronic form preferred.
- If materials must be submitted in hard copy form, seven copies of the publication should be mailed to the AAEA Business Office at 555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
Seven major areas are considered in evaluating nominations as follows:
- Importance of topic
- Timeliness of topic
- Value of communication to its intended audience
- Significance of contribution to the literature or other media
- Organization and presentation of material
- Presentation of material
- Economic content of communication
Form Link: https://form.jotform.com/62314021876148
If you have any questions about your nomination, or the nomination process, please contact Vanessa Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 918-3190.