Distinguished Extension/Outreach Program Awards
The Distinguished Extension/Outreach Program Awards recognize achievement of excellence in extension economics education programs. Awards may recognize not only individual programs, but also significant contributions of an individual economist to a larger, group program. We encourage submissions from women, underrepresented minorities, and members from a broad set of academic, government, industry, and NGO organizations.
Each year, one award for each of the following categories is given:
- Individual with fewer than 10 years’ experience
- Individual with 10 or more years’ experience
*The Group Award recognizes the overall effectiveness, impact, and contributions of a single program.
Nominations are due on February 4, 2024. The nominator and the nominee(s), or at least one individual in the case of a group nomination, must both be 2024 AAEA members. The nominee(s) must have been active in extension education and/or outreach programs within one year of the nomination and the content of extension/outreach effort must be principally in an agricultural or applied economics field as defined by the AAEA Vision Statement. Re-nominations are invited if supporting materials are brought up to date and resubmitted.
To nominate, fill out the Distinguished Extension/Outreach Program Award Nomination Form at the bottom of the page. The form will ask you to upload one PDF file containing all the Award Nomination Materials in the order listed below.
- Maximum of three single spaced pages
- Summarize the reasons why the nominee is worthy of the award.
- Focus on hard evidence that the nominee meets the criteria.
A short curriculum vitae of the nominee for individual awards
- Maximum of four single spaced pages
Up to three items (publications, videos, computer programs, etc.) of supporting materials
- Electronic format is preferred.
- If materials must be submitted in hard copy form, seven copies of documentary evidence shall be submitted to the AAEA Business Office at 555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202 no later than January 30, 2024.
Each nominee will be evaluated on the quality of work indicated by the nomination letter and supporting materials relative to the following criteria:
- Ability to clearly define an important problem and target audience. Special consideration will be given to programs and professionals that expand the reach of the profession by identifying and targeting underserved, nontraditional and/or new audiences.
- Proficiency in conceptualizing and applying educational approaches, which utilize appropriate qualitative and quantitative analysis, primarily economics, but with other relevant disciplines included if appropriate.
- Effective communication, as measured by appropriateness of teaching materials to intended audience, quality of communication media, and innovation in communication methods.
- Evidence of accomplishment and impact through improved understanding, decision-making, or behavioral change in the target audience
Please submit this completed form as well as any nomination materials to https://form.jotform.com/232704148394155
If you have any questions about your nomination, or the nomination process, please contact Michael Storey at email@example.com or (414) 918-3190.