Outstanding Master's Thesis Awards
The Outstanding Master's Thesis Award is given in recognition of development of professional excellence by individuals writing master's theses in any field consistent with the AAEA mission statement. A maximum of three awards are given. A cash supplement of $500 accompanies each award.
The nomination deadline is
February 8, 2021 extended to February 15, 2021.
- The nominator must be a 2021 AAEA member.
- One nomination can be submitted for every 15 Master’s theses of a department presented to a graduate school faculty in the calendar year preceding the year of recognition. Selection will be made from documentation approved in final form by the student's advisory committee. In determining eligible theses, departments should limit nomination consideration to theses in fields consistent with the AAEA mission statement.
- A published thesis may be entered for the Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award as well as other AAEA Annual Awards, but is only eligible to win one award that year.
To nominate, fill out the online Outstanding Master's Thesis Award Nomination Form linked below. The form will ask you to upload one PDF file containing all the Award Nomination Materials in the order listed below.
Award Nomination Materials
□ Nomination Letter
- Maximum of three single spaced pages
- A concise statement summarizing reasons the nominee/thesis is worthy of the award
□ Copy of the thesis (or comparable document)
- Electronic format is preferred
- If materials must be submitted in hard copy form, nine copies of the publication should be sent to the AAEA Business Office at 555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
If you have any questions about your nomination, or the nomination process,
please contact Hattie Salzman at email@example.com or (414) 231-8117.