Government Relations Updates
To view Government Relations Updates from previous years, click the desired year header to expand the section.
Government Relations & Washington Updates are created by Lowell Randel.
- March 2021 - Letter to Secretary of U.S. Department of Agriculture
- March 2021 - FY22 AFRI Coalition Letter
- March 2021 - FY22 Allocation of Agricultural Programs Letter
- April 2021 - Government Relations & Washington Update
- May 2021 - Government Relations & Washington Update
- May 2021 - APLU Led Agricultural Research Infrastructure Letter
- June 2021 - Government Relations & Washington Update
- June 2021 - Agricultural Research Letter to Congressional Leadership
- June 2021 - Agricultural Research Letter to President Biden
- June 2021 - Climate Change Letter to Members of Congress
- July 2021 - Government Relations & Washington Update
- September 2021 - Government Relations & Washington Update
- Strategic Action Areas for AAEA Government Relations in 2019 (approved by AAEA Board, March 11, 2019)
- USDA Seeks Nominations for NAREEE Advisory Board and Subcommittees (Deadline: April 26, 2019)
- Maintain and Strengthen Support for Economic Research in USDA REE Mission Area for FY20 (April 11, 2019).
- President’s FY2020 Budget Request in Areas of Interest to Ag & Applied Economists (April 2019) (posted by AAEA Government Relations Program).
- AAEAs Letter to "Maintain or Increase Funding for USDA Economic Research Programs in FY19"
- Jacobs-Young Announces Shanower as Acting NIFA Director
- COMMITTEE APPROVED: House Ag Committee Advances Agriculture and Nutrition Act
- Chairman Conaway Introduces the Agriculture and Nutrition Act
- China Responds to U.S. Section 301 Trade Action Announcement
- China Cares a Whole Lot About Pigs in Iowa
- Bleeding out: Is there a cure for high health care costs?
- Announcement about NIFA Director, Sonny Ramaswamy’s next steps
- Guest Commentary - Empowering Decision Support with Big Data
- China Imposes Additional Tariffs on Selected U.S.-Origin Products