AAEA Trust Call for Proposals
The AAEA Trust supports the work of agricultural and applied economists by funding programs, initiatives, activities, or other creative endeavors designed to advance the profession. Proposals are chosen to receive funding based on their ability to accomplish at least one of the following goals:
- support graduate student and early career professional development
- enhance the AAEA Annual Meeting
- broaden participation in AAEA across the year (beyond Annual meetings)
- address our strategic goal to be more inclusive through outreach to new groups
- broaden the horizons of the current membership
Funds donated to the unrestricted and student and early career professional development categories of the AAEA Trust will be used to fund proposals approved by the AAEA Trust Committee and Executive Board. Proposals from AAEA Committees and Sections are encouraged. Please note that the Trust does not fund individual research projects, nor does it retroactively fund activities that have already taken place. Please contact Trust Committee Chair Norbert Wilson at email@example.com if you would like to discuss your proposal ideas before submission.
Proposal submissions should include:
- A cover sheet with the name of the applicant; applicant’s mailing address, e-mail, and phone number; title of the project; abstract of the project; timing, duration, and location of the project; and amount of funding requested.
- A project description, not to exceed five double-spaced pages, including the purpose (and how that aligns with the goals above), scope, implementation procedures, the individuals responsible for the management of the project, the date/timing of the project, and location of the project.
- An itemized budget indicating costs to be borne by the Trust and funding provided by other sources, if any. The AAEA Business Office may be a resource for budget information. Proposals are strongly encouraged to secure matching outside funds. Fund requests should remain under $20,000.
Proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file by Monday, October 16, 2023, to ensure consideration for funding for the next year. Proposals will be reviewed by the AAEA Trust Committee, which will make recommendations to the Executive Board for action at the January 2024 Board Meeting.
Proposals should be submitted to Kristen McGuire via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Kristen or Norbert.