AAEA Trust Call for Proposals
The AAEA Trust supports the work of agricultural and applied economists by funding programs, initiatives, activities or other creative endeavors designed to advance the profession. Proposals are chosen to receive funding based on their ability to accomplish at least one of the following goals:
- support graduate student and early career professional development
- enhance the AAEA Annual Meeting,
- broaden participation in AAEA,
- reach out to new groups,
- broaden the horizons of the current membership
Funds donated to the unrestricted and student and early career professional development categories of the AAEA Trust will be used to fund proposals approved by the AAEA Trust Committee and Executive Board. Proposals from AAEA Committees and Sections are encouraged. Please note that the Trust does not fund individual research projects, nor does it retroactively fund activities that have already taken place. Please contact Trust Committee Chair David Zilberman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your proposal ideas before submission.
Proposal submissions should include:
- A cover sheet with name of applicant; applicant’s mailing address, e-mail, and phone number; title of the project; abstract of the project; timing, duration, and location of the project; and amount of funding requested.
- A project description, not to exceed five double-spaced pages, including the purpose, scope, implementation procedures, the individuals responsible for management of the project, date/timing of the project, and location of the project.
- An itemized budget, indicating costs to be borne by the Trust and funding provided by other sources, if any. The AAEA Business Office may be a resource for budget information.
Proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file by Tuesday, October 15, 2019, to ensure consideration for funding for the next year. Proposals will be reviewed by the AAEA Trust Committee, which will make recommendations to the Executive Board for action at the January 2020 Board Meeting.
Proposals should be submitted to Kristen McGuire, AAEA Executive Director, via e-mail at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Kristen or David.