Call for Mentoring/Coaching Initiatives
The AAEA Mentoring Committee is now accepting proposals for mentoring and coaching initiatives.
A mentoring activity is defined as one where a senior member of the profession serves as an advisor on career decisions and challenges to a young or mid-career member of the profession. A coaching activity involves the development or improvement of specific skills, for example grant writing, new teaching methods, or engaging with industry in outreach activities.
The call is open to all AAEA members. The AAEA Mentoring Committee encourages collaboration across members, AAEA Sections, and also USDA regional groups to maximize participation and optimize the allocation of resources. AAEA expects to fund between 2 and 6 proposals in levels of $5,000-$10,000. The activities proposed and all expenses will need to be completed by the end of October 2019.
- Clear description of the activity and justification of how it will benefit participants.
- Number of beneficiaries
- Structure of the programmed activity and quality of the speakers/mentors
- Value for money
Proposal submissions should include:
- A cover sheet with name of applicant; applicant’s mailing address, e-mail, and phone number; title of the project; abstract of the project; timing, duration, and location of the project; and amount of funding requested.
- A project description, not to exceed five double-spaced pages, including the purpose, scope, implementation procedures, the individuals responsible for management of the project, date/timing of the project, and location of the project.
- An itemized budget, indicating costs to be borne by the grant and funding provided by other sources, if any.
Proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file to Sinais Alvarado at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 30, 2018, to ensure consideration for funding for the next year. Proposals will be reviewed by the AAEA Mentoring Committee, which will make recommendations to the Executive Board for action at the January 2019 Board Meeting.