Risk Section Award
The Applied Risk Analysis Section of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA) announces the award for an outstanding contribution to applied risk analysis. The recipient will be selected annually and announced during the section business meeting at the annual AAEA meetings. Rules for the award are as follows:
1. A journal article or a professional report may be nominated. Books will not be considered.
2. Entries must have been published in the calendar year preceding the year of recognition.
3. The recipient(s) must be a member of the Applied Risk Analysis Section of the AAEA at the time of selection.
4. The general theme of the paper must address one of the following areas: production risk, market risk, financial risk, consumer risk, risk theory, risk analysis methods, risk transfer, or a closely related topic.
5. Nominations letters should be submitted electronically to the section chair by May 1. The submission letter should include a description of the paper and why it merits recognition by the section. An electronic copy of the paper should also be submitted. Self-nominations will be accepted.
6. Selection will be made by a committee of three section members appointed by the Section executive committee.
Outstanding Contribution to Applied Risk Analysis Award Winners
2012 Award Winner
Sommarat Chantarat, Christopher B. Barrett, Tavan Janvilisri, Sittichai Mudsri, Chularat Niratisayakul, and Pilai Poonswad, "Index Insurance for Pro-Poor Conservation of Hornbills in Thailand" (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA)