New AWARD: Best Graduate Student Paper in Applied Risk Analysis
1. ARA section is planning to offer a cash award ($250) and a certificate for a selected graduate student paper in applied risk analysis.
2. The student must be the first author on the paper (a shared-first authorship is not allowed) and the committee will judge the version uploaded to AgEcon Search. The paper also need to be presented by the student as part of the AAEA program.
3. Nominations will be due June 1, 2018. Interested students need to be ARA members at the time of nomination, and they can join the section off-cycle. (The membership will be made free to all students starting this year.) Self nomination is allowed.
4. Nominated papers must be accepted presentations at the AAEA, such that a paper is required to be uploaded to AgEcon Search. Lightning rounds papers are eligible. Track sessions are also eligible provided that a paper is made available as specified earlier for other sessions.
5. The paper must be related to applied risk analysis in some form. The committee will have final say on this matter.
Risk Section Award
The Applied Risk Analysis Section of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA) announces the award for an outstanding contribution to applied risk analysis. The recipient will be selected annually and announced during the section business meeting at the annual AAEA meetings. Rules for the award are as follows:
1. A journal article or a professional report may be nominated. Books will not be considered.
2. Entries must have been published in the calendar year preceding the year of recognition.
3. The recipient(s) must be a member of the Applied Risk Analysis Section of the AAEA at the time of selection.
4. The general theme of the paper must address one of the following areas: production risk, market risk, financial risk, consumer risk, risk theory, risk analysis methods, risk transfer, or a closely related topic.
5. Nominations letters should be submitted electronically to the section chair by May 1. The submission letter should include a description of the paper and why it merits recognition by the section. An electronic copy of the paper should also be submitted. Self-nominations will be accepted.
6. Selection will be made by a committee of three section members appointed by the Section executive committee.
Outstanding Contribution to Applied Risk Analysis Award Winners
2017 Award Winner
David R. Just and Richard E. Just. 2016. Empirical Identification of Behavioral Choice Models under Risk. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 98 (4): 1181-1194.