Annual Meeting Starts
Issue 2, March 2019
Registration Now Open
AAEA invites you to register for the 2019 AAEA Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA, July 21-23. Most meeting events will take place at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis hotel. Be sure to reserve your room early - they are expected to run out in May! Reserve here to receive the AAEA group rate of $199. Before you book, be sure to check out our list of extra events listed below. American Airlines is offering a discount when traveling to Atlanta for the AAEA 2019 Annual Meeting. Visit the Travel Options webpage for details.
2019 Travel Grants are now open for applications. These grants defray housing and transportation costs associated with attending the 2019 AAEA Annual Meeting in Atlanta, on July 21-23. The amount of the travel grant awarded will depend on the number of applications received. There are Travel Grants for both International and Domestic travel.
The deadline for the 2019 Travel Grants is May 15, 2019. Notifications will be sent in June.
This year there are a number of luncheons and pre/post-conference workshops to choose from. Review the Section Lectures & Luncheons and reserve a spot for Monday, July 22. Space is limited, so register early to reserve a place to hear the lecture, enjoy lunch, and network! This year we also have four pre-conference and four post-conference workshops, all of which offer great educational opportunities. If you are interested, be sure to register early and reserve your hotel room for the extended day.
- PC11: Local Brewing Industry Tour
- PC12: Planning and Creating a Winning Grant Proposal – Do’s and Don’ts of Integrated Approach
- PC13: Best Practices for Addressing the Replicability Crisis in Agricultural and Applied Economics
- PC14: ISESSAH (International Society of Economics and Social Sciences for Animal Health) 2-Day Workshop
Post-conference Workshops (at Atlanta Marriott Marquis or Tours)
- PC51: Extension Section Agricultural Tour
- PC52: Challenges, Implications, and the Future of Agricultural Trade between the US and China
- PC53: Early Career Mentoring 2-Day Workshop
Post-conference Workshops (off-site at CDC Office)
This month, notifications will be sent to all authors who submitted a Selected Presentation abstract. Shortly after, a schedule will be provided to all accepted authors.
AAEA award winners will be notified at the end of April.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact AAEA staff either at firstname.lastname@example.org or