AAEA Business Meeting
Monday, August 1, 8:00–8:30 am
AAEA’s annual Business Meeting will be held during the annual meeting in Boston on Monday, August 1 in Salons E/F. This meeting gives members the chance to hear about the state of the association. Updates will be given by the AAEA President, the Finance Committee, and the AAEA Trust Committee. Additionally, Board Members and Editors who are completing their terms will be recognized for their service. Lastly, those in attendance will be given an opportunity to voice any questions or concerns that they may have. We hope you’ll join us in Boston.
Announcing the 2016 Class of AAEA Fellows
The AAEA Fellows Selection Committee has selected five outstanding members to be honored as the 2016 AAEA Fellows. All of the Fellow recipients have made exceptional contributions to the profession. They are leaders shaping the future of the Association and the field of agricultural and applied economics as a whole.
The 2016 AAEA Fellows are:
AAEA is Now Mobile!
The AAEA Annual Meeting app is live! Be sure to download this years #AAEA2016 Annual Meeting app before arriving in Boston. The app will help you manage your networking, schedules, social media, and much more in the palm of your hand.
Some other ways to have the best experience at our Annual Meeting in Boston:
- Access the Annual Meeting schedule and customize your agenda with personal appointments
- Quickly find a session room using the interactive maps
- Find sessions by topic code, AAEA Section Track, or by using the search tool
- Get important updates on the app through Push Notifications
- See who’s attending and share contact information by networking with other attendees
Register for the 2016 Employment Center
Registration is now open for the 2016 Employment Center taking place July 31-August 2, during the 2016 AAEA Annual Meeting in Boston, MA. The Employment Center offers a great opportunity for highly qualified candidates to connect with a number of employers during the Joint Annual Meeting. This year's Employment Center features a simplified registration and posting process that is now integrated into the newly updated AAEA Job Board. Applicant registration is FREE.
For more information please visit the online Employment Center. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Sarah Kenner. We hope to see you in Boston!
Employers currently registered include:
- Virginia Tech
- Auburn University
- University of Saskatchewan, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation
- USDA-Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services
- USDA-Economic Research Service
- University of Wisconsin – River Falls
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Landcare Research New Zealand
- Colorado State University
- Michigan State University
- University of Florida
- University of Minnesota
- South Dakota State University
- University of Arizona
- University of Connecticut
- University of Tennessee
Call for Judges:
SS-AAEA Academic Bowl
The Student Section seeks judges for the 2016 SS-AAEA Academic Bowl. The Academic Bowl is held during the AAEA annual meeting; this year’s event runs from July 31-August 2 in Boston Marriott Copley. The actual competition will run from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Monday, August, 1. The highest demand for judges takes place early in the day when we are operating in three rooms for the competition. Depending on the number of teams competing, we should require just two rooms from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
Call for Participation:
2016 FDRS Student Marketing Case Competition
The 2016 Student Marketing Case Competition will be held on October 1st and 2nd during the Annual Conference of the Food Distribution Research Society (FDRS). The Conference will be held from September 30th – October 4th at the Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program provides opportunities for college and university faculty, scientists, practicing professionals, and independent scholars to conduct research and teach in over 125 countries during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Below is a highlighted list of awards across the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics that further demonstrate the breadth of interest in scholarship and teaching around the world:
- Cameroon: All Disciplines
- Czech Republic: Fulbright-Czech Technical University Distinguished Chair in Electrical Engineering
- India: Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Fellows
- Mexico: Science and Technology
- Philippines: Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization
- Tunisia: Engineering