Annual Meeting Starts
Each Poster will be displayed during one of two times at the Annual Meeting. Your scheduled presentation day determines when you will need to set up and take down your poster. Poster authors should be available during their assigned day during the poster reception for questions and discussion. The setup and take down times for each day are below:
Monday Poster Hall Hours
Sunday, August 5, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Monday, August 6, 7:00 am – 8:00 am
Monday, August 6, 4:15 pm – 5:30 pm
Poster Take Down:
Monday, August 6, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Monday, August 6, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Tuesday Posters Hall Hours
Tuesday, August 7, 7:00 am – 8:00 am
Tuesday, August 7, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday, August 7, 11:30 am – 12:45 pm
Poster Take Down:
Tuesday, August 7, 4:30 pm – 5:15 pm
If you’d like to avoid traveling with an oversized poster, ship the poster directly in the Washington Marriott Wardman Park. The FedEx Office Print & Ship Center in Washington Marriott Wardman Park offers you virtually everything you need to meet your convention exhibiting needs - from packing and shipping to signage, copying and last-minute office supplies.
Selected Poster Presenter Requirements
By May 23, 2018
Please prepare a Cover Page using this template and append it to your pdf file before uploading.
As author of the paper, you retain all copyrights. It is recommended that you include a copyright statement at the bottom of the cover page, e.g.
Copyright 2018 by [author(s)]. All rights reserved. Readers may make verbatim copies of this document for non-commercial purposes by any means, provided this copyright notice appears on all such copies.
Instructions to upload your poster:
- Visit aaea.org and click on “My Account” in the upper right corner to log in to your account. If you don’t remember your credentials, click on “Need Help Logging In” and enter the email connected to your AAEA account.
- Once you are logged in, scroll down and click on the “Abstract Management System” button.
- This will take you to a list of your presentations.
- Click on the title of your accepted abstract.
- Scroll down past Reviews and Subject Codes, and you will see a header titled “Upload full paper”. Browse for and select your PDF document to upload.
- Once your full paper is uploaded, click “Continue” until you are back to your presentation home screen.
Posters must be uploaded by Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST. AAEA will upload your poster to AgEcon after this deadline. For any questions regarding this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help you develop your poster, we have provided a few suggestions below. This is meant as a general overview to get you started.
The maximum poster size is 4 feet high by 8 feet long, minus a 1-inch margin. Your actual poster may be smaller. Pushpins will be provided for you to hang your poster.
- Introduction: Provide context for your research. Why you are excited about it?
- Objectives: What questions did you address or answer?
- Methods: Key information on your research design and analysis. Keep it brief.
- Results & Discussion: What was observed? How do the results relate to the original questions? Focus on the key points.
- Conclusions: What did you learn?
Replace text with graphical elements as much as possible (e.g., photographs or maps of study's location, other visual aids to convey key results), but do not forget your complete contact information. Consider including a photograph of the presenting author.
Clearly indicate your key message. Avoid clutter and unnecessary detail. Don't fight the reader's gravity-pull from top to bottom and left to right. Remember graphical elements, such as balance, symmetry, rhythm, repetition, and change.
Any text in your poster should be readable from 6 feet away, including text in figures. This means no text should be smaller than a 20-point font. The title should be much larger and readable from a distance (12 feet or more).
Use fonts without serif, but bold. Use dark letters on light backgrounds. Use color carefully; very bright colors can easily fatigue the reader. Stick to a theme of 2-3 colors.
Below you will find a few posters that were displayed at the 2013 Joint Annual Meeting. They are all great examples of how to communicate information in an effective and visually interesting way.
Annual Meeting Starts
- July 10-August 7, 2018
- On-site Registration Only
Become a Sponsor or Exhibitor for #AAEADC18 - Learn how