Call for Applications: AAEA Annual Meeting International Travel Grants
The AAEA Trust seeks applications for AAEA Annual Meeting International Travel Grants. These grants defray housing and transportation costs associated with attending the 2024 AAEA Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA from July 28–30. The amount of the travel grant awarded will depend on the number of applications received. AAEA Trust Travel Grants (if awarded) are generally not large enough to offset all travel and lodging costs, and will likely cover less than half of international travel costs.
Qualifying applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered for a travel grant:
- Resident of and residing in a country outside the United States/Canada.
- 2024 member of AAEA as of May 24, the deadline for this application.
- Actively engaged in agricultural or applied economics fields, such as, agribusiness, agricultural, consumer, food, development, environmental, health, marketing, regional, rural, or resource economics.
- Insufficient institutional funding available for the trip (including university, department, grant, employer, etc.)
- Paper/poster/session accepted for presentation at the 2024 Annual Meeting.
Applications must be submitted through the online application form. You will be asked to submit the following:
- Your name and e-mail address;
- Institution and (if applicable) department at which enrolled/employed. You may indicate “not-yet-employed” if not a current student and without employment – please highlight degree-awarding institution and date awarded;
- Degree program underway (Graduate Student Applicants)
- Anticipated graduation date (Graduate Student Applicants)
- Professional rank or position and years in that position (Early Career Professional Applicants)
- Number of years at Institution (Early Career Professional Applicants)
- Brief summary of research interests (1000 words or less);
- Applicant statement (500 words or less): description of the anticipated value gained from attending and participating in the Annual Meeting (including paper/poster presentations, awards and/or pre-/post-conference workshops in which you will be involved);
- Proposed travel budget showing costs, funds available from institutional sources, and amount requested;
- A nomination from a department, division head, or supervisor which includes written acknowledgement of the nomination and certification of your financial need, including certification that funding is unavailable from other sources. Self-employed or not-yet-employed applicants may submit a letter supporting the nomination from a colleague or mentor from their degree-granting institution or include a letter stating financial need.
Applications should be submitted by the individual seeking support; however, only two applications from each employing institution will be considered. In the event that more than two applications are submitted from a specific department or division, it will be up to the department head to decide which will be considered, so coordinating with your department may be helpful. If an applicant is self-employed or not-yet-employed they may seek a letter of support from a colleague or mentor from their degree-awarding institution; note that such letters of support will not count against the maximum of two nominations from any department or other entity formally nominating other applicants.
Reflecting the Trust’s goal of broadening participation in the Annual Meeting, preference may be given to individuals working under institutional circumstances not normally conducive to AAEA meeting attendance.
The deadline for submission is May 24, 2024. To apply, please visit https://aaea.execinc.com/edibo/TravelGrants2024App