Pre- and Post-conference Workshops
Call for Proposals
The AAEA Executive Board invites proposals for Pre- and Post-conference Workshops at the 2020 AAEA Annual Meeting in Kansas City, MO. The deadline for proposals is Tuesday, December 3. Selections will be finalized at the AAEA Executive Board meeting in early January and organizers will be notified soon thereafter by the AAEA President.
Submissions will be judged on the merits of the proposal and the space and time available at the Annual Meeting. Organizers will work with the AAEA Business Office to develop a budget for final approval at the January Board meeting.
Proposals should be submitted using the Pre- and Post-conference Workshop Proposal form. The form asks the proposers for the following information:
- Title of proposed session and the proposed date and time that the workshop would take place (potential dates include Saturday, July 25, and Wednesday, July 29)
- Objectives of the workshop, as well as the timeliness of the subject and why the content of the workshop is relevant to AAEA members/meeting attendees
- Potential speakers, presenters, or panel members, and the total time required for these presentations.
- Intended audience and expected attendance at the workshop
- Contact information for organizers in charge of overall development and coordination (complete addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
- Complete budget information, which includes: financial support expected, speaker travel expenses, stipends, and honoraria, catering needs, administrative fees, and other income and costs. Detailed information will be needed, including any catering requests (e.g. boxed lunches, buffet, coffee breaks, etc.), so that a registration fee for the workshop can be determined
- Any requests for membership and/or registration fee waivers that may be required in order to properly conduct the workshop
- Any special software or electronic needs, including if the attendees will be required to bring a laptop
Incomplete proposals cannot be considered. Please include as much information as needed when submitting; there is no minimum or maximum length for the proposal.
Submit proposals using the Pre- and Post-conference Workshop proposal form by Tuesday, December 3.
If you have any questions about submitting a proposal, please contact Mary Annen at email@example.com or at (414) 918-3190.