Annual Meeting Starts
Call for Proposals: Invited Paper Sessions
The deadline for submissions has passed.
AAEA welcomes proposals for Invited Paper sessions for the 2018 AAEA Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. Papers in these Invited Paper sessions may be published in the American Journal of Agricultural Economics (AJAE) in March 2019, subject to review. Proposals from individuals or groups need to be submitted using the online submission system by Thursday, November 30, 2017. The system will open in early November.
The most successful invited papers frame new areas of research, provide a systematic review of an existing area, or offer a novel perspective. Invited papers offer the opportunity for the AJAE to publish papers that do not fit the mold of a regular submission to the journal. Proposals that do not meet these criteria may be accepted for presentation at the meetings but will be asked to submit their papers to the journal via the regular submission process.
Proposed session formats must include either two papers with two discussants or three papers with one discussant. Four paper sessions will not be considered.
Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- The proposed session supports the objective of the Association to further the development and dissemination of systematic knowledge of agricultural and applied economics;
- The importance of the session is well-justified;
- The proposed papers are timely and the topics are likely to generate meaningful discussion during the presentation, as well as interest in a published version;
- It is likely that the session format will be conducive to a clear, focused, and informative presentation of the topics proposed;
- The session theme and paper topics are not repetitive of themes and/or topics previously addressed in Invited Paper sessions;
- The paper topics are not ones that would be better served by being subject to the AJAEs normal review process.
- The set of sessions will appeal to a broad spectrum of the membership.
Proposals should include session title and rationale, two-page abstracts and titles for each proposed presentation, and names and contact information of authors, discussants, and moderators.
The invited papers should be completed by Thursday, April 11, 2018. These completed versions will be reviewed by the invited paper sessions committee, and feedback to improve the papers will be provided to the author(s). Final versions of the invited papers must be submitted to AAEA by May 23, 2018. If the authors wish the invited paper to be reviewed for publication in the AJAE, it should also be submitted to the AJAE Editors via Editorial Express by Wednesday, May 23, 2018. Accepted papers will carry a footnote that indicates they were subject to an expedited review process.
If you have any questions about submitting an Invited Paper session proposal, please contact Mary Annen at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (414) 918-3190.
Annual Meeting Starts
Become a Sponsor or Exhibitor for #AAEADC18 - Learn how