Annual Meeting Starts
Issue 3, March 2018
Registration Now Open
AAEA invites you to register for the 2018 AAEA Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., August 5-7. Most meeting events will take place at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel. Be sure to reserve your room early - they are expected to run out in May! Reserve here to receive the AAEA group rate of $199. Before you book, be sure to check out our list of extra events listed below.
This year there are a number of luncheons and pre/post-conference workshops to choose from. Review the Section Lectures & Luncheons and reserve a spot for Monday, August 6. Space is limited, so register early to reserve a place to hear the lecture, enjoy lunch, and network! This year we also have three pre-conference and seven post-conference workshops, all of which offer great educational opportunities. If you are interested, be sure to register early and reserve your hotel room for the extended day.
- PC11 - Local Brewery Tour
- PC12 - Towards Engagement and Collaboration of 1890, 1862 and Federal Institutions: A Win-Win for the Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness Professions
- PC13 - The Basic and Advanced Use of National Household Food Acquisition and Purchase Survey (FoodAPS) to Support Research on Health and Nutrition Assistance Policy
Post-conference Workshops (at Washington Marriott Wardman Park or Tours)
- PC51 - NIFA Agricultural Economics and Rural Communities Project Directors Workshop
- PC52 - Science Communications and Media Engagement Workshop
- PC53 - Extension Section Post Conference Tour
Post-conference Workshops (Off-site at USDA-ERS or USDA Whitten Buildings)
- PC54 - Making the Most of Federal Data: Combining Data for Economic Analysis
- PC55 - The Convergence of Policy Issues in Produce Research: Labor/mechanization, NAFTA, and the Food Safety Modernization Act
- PC56 - The Economics of Animal Health and Biosecurity
- PC57 - Exploring Federal Agencies and Congress: Towards an Improved Understanding for an Impactful Career. Early Career Member Tour, Agricultural and Applied Economics Congressional Visits Day
This month, notifications will be sent to all authors who submitted a Selected Presentation abstract. Shortly after, a schedule will be provided to all accepted authors.
Notifications will also be sent out in April with the results of the AAEA award nominations.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact
AAEA staff at email@example.com or (414) 918-3190.
Annual Meeting Starts
- March 2018
- Abstract notifications sent via email
- May 23, 2018
- June 7, 2018
- Early Registration Deadline
- July 9, 2018
- Advanced Registration Deadline
- July 10-August 7, 2018
- On-site Registration Only
Become a Sponsor or Exhibitor for #AAEADC18 - Learn how