Call for Applications: Managing Editor of the Applied Economics Perspectives and Policy
The AAEA Executive Board invites applications for one Managing Editor for Applied Economics Perspectives and Policy (AEPP). The degree to which candidate’s expertise complements that of the continuing editors, will be considered in the selection process. AAEA is particularly interested in candidates who will bring ideas and innovations for helping AEPP to further its mission. Information about AEPP, its policies and mission is available at www.aaea.org/publications/aepp.
Managing Editor Responsibilities
The Managing Editor will work with an editorial team comprised of two Submitted Article Editors to manage the manuscript review process. The Managing Editor responsibilities include:
- Development and management of Featured Articles
- Submitted manuscript management which includes but is not limited to monitoring review timelines and distribution of submissions
- Oversight of special projects such as special issues and supplements
- Manage communications between editors
- Liaise on behalf of the journal with Wiley and the AAEA Board
The AEPP editorial process employs electronic submission of manuscripts and interchange between editors and reviewers. An electronic system that tracks manuscripts through submission, review, and editorial decision is used by the editors for managing workflow. Authors can also query this system for email reports on the status in the editorial process of a submitted manuscript. The editors also oversee the work of Wiley in preparing copy for printing and reviewing proofs.
The new editor should be prepared to begin on January 1, 2023 with a three year term. There may be some training and coordination work starting around August 1, 2022 and the successful applicant would be expected to meet with the Editorial team at the 2022 Annual meetings in Anaheim (in person or virtually).
Applications should include:
- A statement of editorial philosophy and ideas for furthering the journal's goals,
- Indication of the candidate’s principal areas of expertise to support the AEPP’s mission,
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of administrative and financial support to be provided by the host institution.
AAEA will provide financial assistance to defray some portion of the editor’s time and most expenses.
Applications should be sent electronically via PDF to Kristen McGuire, Executive Director, at email@example.com by
December 15, 2021 extended to January 14, 2022. Decisions will be made by early June.
Third-party nominations of potentially interested candidates who can then be solicited for their materials are also welcome.