Invited Paper Sessions Call for Proposals
AAEA welcomes proposals for Invited Paper sessions for the 2012 AAEA Annual Meeting in Seattle. Papers and discussions in these Invited Paper sessions will be published in the American Journal of Agricultural Economics in January 2013. Regular page charges will apply. Proposals from individuals or groups need to be submitted using the online submission system by December 5, 2011.
Proposals will be evaluated by how well they satisfy the following criteria:
- Proposed session formats must include either two papers with two discussants or three papers with one discussant. Four paper sessions will not be considered.
- The proposed session supports the objective of the Association to further the development and dissemination of systematic knowledge of agricultural and applied economics.
- The importance of the session is well-justified.
- The proposed papers are innovative and the topics are likely to generate meaningful discussion during the presentation as well as interest in the printed version.
- It is likely that the Invited Paper format will be conducive to a clear, focused, and informative presentation of the topics proposed.
- The session theme and paper topics are not repetitive of themes and/or topics previously addressed in Invited Paper sessions.
- The set of sessions will appeal to a broad spectrum of the membership.
Proposals should include session title, session rationale, titles and two-page abstracts of each proposed presentation, and names and contact information of authors, discussants, and moderators.
Accepted Invited Paper authors will need to submit their paper to AJAE by May 15, with discussant papers due June 15. More information will be provided by the AJAE editors after acceptance.
You can submit your proposal using AAEA's online abstract system. You must be a 2012 AAEA member or pay a non-refundable $25 submission fee in order to submit to the 2012 Annual Meeting.