2017 SS-AAEA Section Annual Meeting Activities
Sunday, July 30
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM - EOHDS Spreadsheet Competition - Chicago Ballroom B
- 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM - Student Section Paper Competition - Lincolnshire II
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM - SS-AAEA Undergraduate Mixer/Academic Bowl Orientation - Chicago Ballroom A
Monday, July 31
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM - SS-AAEA Academic Bowl - Chicago Ballroom A, B, C
- 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - SS-AAEA Academic Bowl Finals - Grand Ballroom Salon II/III
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM - SS-AAEA Section Business Meeting - Kane
Tuesday, August 1
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM - AAEA Undergraduate Competition Presentation - Dupage
SS-AAEA Annual Meeting Competitions
The Earl O. Heady Decision Sciences Spreadsheet Competition
The purpose of this competition is to provide a forum for undergraduate students to showcase their ability to address real world problems in agricultural and applied economics using a spreadsheet, as well as celebrate their success as experiential learners. First place winners receive $400, a plaque, and recognition at the AAEA Annual Awards Ceremony. Second place receives $200, and third place receives $100.
Student Paper Competition
Undergraduate students have the opportunity to submit their paper to be part of the Student Paper Competition held each year at the AAEA Annual Meeting. Those papers submitted are judged based on the written version and an oral presentation given at the meeting. The winning student receives $200.
Outstanding Chapter Competition
This competition gives chapters of SS-AAEA the chance to be recognized for their hard work over the past year. Each chapter is judged based on the goals/objectives of the chapter, membership recruitment, and the activities of the chapter. The winning chapter receives $200.
Creative Club Competition
Those chapters of SS-AAEA that have done something special over the past year can enter into this competition. The chapters will be judged based on their account of a specific idea or project that was implemented. The winning chapter receives $200.