This Workshop is for Early Career Professionals currently in a position in the academic or government fields.
May 31, 2017
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
June 1, 2017
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Registration for the Event: $85
- Registration to the two-day workshop
- Continental Breakfast on Wednesday and Thursday
- Lunch on Wednesday and Thursday
- Wednesday evening reception
Download registration form, fill out, send to the AAEA Business office by mail or fax to the AAEA business office with payment.
- AAEA Business Office
555 E. Wells Street Ste. 1100
Milwaukee WI, 53202
- Fax: (414)276-3349
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
715 W. Lionshead Circle
Vail, CO 81657
- Hotel Group Rate: $129
(Guest Room must be reserved by May 1, 2017)
The day begins at 7:00 am each day with breakfast. It is recommended you book your room at the Marriott so you can experience the full workshop.
Room Reservation includes:
- Complimentary WiFi in the sleeping room
- Access to the 24 hr. Fitness Center
- Access to the Indoor Swimming Pool (towels provided)
- Access to the Outdoor Swimming Pool (towels provided)
Information on transportation service from Denver International Airport and Eagle County Airport.
Colorado Mountain Express offers Shared Ride Shuttles and is offering AAEA a discounted rate.
Denver International Airport:
- One-way: $76
- Round trip: $152
Eagle County Airport:
- One-way: $40
- Round trip: $80
Online Reservation or Call (950) 754-7433 and reference group code “AAEA”
Helpful Online Booking Tips:
- Travel Region: Vail/Beaver Creek (automatically appears – no need to change)
- Airport: Select Denver International Airport or Eagle County Airport
- Preferred Locations: Marriott Resort-Lionshead
The Early Career Professionals Workshop will help participants in different aspects of their job, using experiences from those who are more seasoned in the field. Topics of interest include:
- Service: Learning when to say "NO"
- Grant Writing and Project Management
- Work-Life Balance
- Research and Publishing
- Extension and Outreach
- Successful Communication Strategies and Working with the Media
- Navigating Re-Appointment, Promotion and Tenure
- Advice on Careers Outside of Academia