Travel Grants for Early Career Professionals & Graduate Students
Call for Applications
The AAEA Trust seeks applications for Early Career Professional and Graduate Student Travel Grants. These grants defray housing and transportation costs associated with attending the 2017 AAEA Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL on July 30 – August 1. The amount of the travel grant awarded will depend on the number of applications received.
Qualifying applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered for a travel grant:
- Graduate student or Early Career Professional member of AAEA.
- Engaged at an accredited college, university, or other institution in such applied economics fields as agribusiness, agricultural, consumer, food, development, environmental, health, marketing, regional, rural, or resource economics.
- No other sources of funding available (including university, department, grant, etc.)
- Paper/poster accepted for presentation at the 2017 Annual Meeting.
Applications must be submitted through the online application form. You will be asked to submit the following:
- Your name and e-mail address;
- Institution and department at which enrolled/employed;
- Degree program underway (Graduate Student Applicants)
- Anticipated graduation date (Graduate Student Applicants)
- Professional rank (Early Career Professional Applicants)
- Number of years at Institution (Early Career Professional Applicants)
- Brief summary of research interests (1000 words or less);
- Applicant statement (500 words or less): description of the anticipated value gained from attending and participating in the Annual Meeting (including paper/poster presentations, awards and/or pre-/post-conference workshops in which you will be involved);
- Proposed travel budget;
- A nomination from a department, division head, or supervisor which includes written acknowledgement of the nomination and certification of your financial need, including certification that funding is unavailable from other sources.
Applications should be submitted by the individual seeking support; however, only two applications from each department or division will be considered. In the event that more than two applications are submitted from a specific department or division, it will be up to the department head to decide which will be considered.
Reflecting the Trust’s goal of broadening participation in the Annual Meeting, preference may be given to individuals working under institutional circumstances not normally conducive to AAEA meeting attendance.
The deadline for submission is May 25, 2017. To apply, please visit https://aaea.execinc.com/edibo/TravelGrants2017App.
Become a Sponsor or Exhibitor for #AAEAChicago17 - Learn how