Invited Paper Sessions
AAEA welcomes proposals for Invited Paper sessions for the 2016 AAEA Annual Meeting in Boston, MA. Papers in these Invited Paper sessions may be published in the American Journal of Agricultural Economics in March 2017 subject to review. Proposals were due on Thursday, December 3, 2015.
Proposed session formats must include either two papers with two discussants or three papers with one discussant. Four paper sessions will not be considered.
Proposals will be evaluated by how well they satisfy the following criteria:
- The proposed session supports the objective of the Association to further the development and dissemination of systematic knowledge of agricultural and applied economics.
- The importance of the session is well-justified.
- The proposed papers are innovative and the topics are likely to generate meaningful discussion during the presentation, as well as interest in a published version.
- It is likely that the session format will be conducive to a clear, focused, and informative presentation of the topics proposed.
- The session theme and paper topics are not repetitive of themes and/or topics previously addressed in Invited Paper sessions.
- The set of sessions will appeal to a broad spectrum of the membership.
Proposals should include session title, session rationale, titles and two-page abstracts of each proposed presentation, and names and contact information of authors, discussants, and moderators.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected by a subcommittee of the AAEA Board. Final versions of the invited papers must be emailed to Anna Douangphachanh at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2016 so she can upload your paper to AgEcon Search on your behalf. Additionally, papers should be submitted to the AJAE Proceedings Issue Editor by the same date if the authors wish the invited paper to be reviewed for publication in the AJAE.
If you have any questions about submitting an Invited Paper session proposal, please contact Anna Douangphachanh at email@example.com or (414) 918-3190.