Invited Paper Sessions Call for Proposals
AAEA welcomes proposals for Invited Paper sessions for the 2013 AAEA & CAES Joint Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. Proposals from individuals or groups need to be submitted as a single PDF file to AAEA Meetings Manager Kristen Wright by December 7, 2012.
Proposed session formats must include either two papers with two discussants or three papers with one discussant. Four paper sessions will not be considered.
Proposals will be evaluated by how well they satisfy the following criteria:
- The proposed session supports the objective of the Association to further the development and dissemination of knowledge of agricultural and applied economics.
- The importance of the session is well-justified.
- The proposed papers are innovative, and the topics are likely to generate meaningful discussion during the presentation, as well as interest in the printed version.
- It is likely that the session format will be conducive to a clear, focused, and informative presentation of the topics proposed.
- The session theme and paper topics are not repetitive of themes and/or topics previously addressed in Invited Paper sessions.
- The set of sessions will appeal to a broad spectrum of the membership.
Proposals should include session title, session rationale, titles and two-page abstracts of each proposed presentation, and names and contact information of authors, discussants, and moderators.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected by a subcommittee of the AAEA Board.
Papers in these Invited Paper sessions may be published in the American Journal of Agricultural Economics in January 2014. Papers will go through a review process, and it is not guaranteed that all papers in an accepted session will be published. Papers submitted for review should be in their publish-ready state because there will not be time for multiple versions and reviews. Regular page charges will apply (estimated to be $20/page in 2013). Discussant comments will not be published.
If you have any questions about submitting an Invited Paper session proposal, please contact Kristen Wright at email@example.com or at (414) 918-3190.